Recipe: First Prize Pecan Pie
Updated: Apr 3
This pecan pie recipe is a three-generation-old family recipe that has won several first prize awards in dessert competitions. Throw out your old recipe and try this classic instead.
1 cup dark Karo syrup
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup pecans
1 nine-inch pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Combine all ingredients, except pecans, in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together ingredients.
4. Pour filling into pie crust.
5. Arrange pecans on top of the filling.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until the pecans turn purple. You may need to adjust the temperature and cook time for your oven.